Monday, August 22, 2011

I Believe In Diamonds. Do You?

August 22, 2011

"You're a diamond in the making."


Some people believe in fairies, unicorns, and dragons.
Some believe in witches, wizards, vampires, and werewolves.
Others believe in Bigfoot, superheroes, and idols.
I believe in diamonds, God, animals going to heaven, and most of all YOU. 

I believe in diamonds. What do I mean by that? Do I actually believe in the mineral? Believe it has special powers or something? No. Not by a long shot. I believe in people. I believe in diamonds. I believe that everyone has a diamond underneath, it just takes some digging to find, and some polishing once it's found. 
"And you should really thank Mrs. Bringman
                                               She spend so much extra time
It's like she sees the diamond underneath
And she's polishing you 'til you shine
[2nd Chorus]
And oh you got so much going for you going right
But I know at 17 it's hard to see past Friday night"
~Brad Paisley. Letter To Me~


I believe even the worst person has some good in them. It just takes time to find it. But once you find it...it's there. Always. You don't know what that person has gone through to become that way...but there's always a reason. Everyone is born in sin, yes. But everyone has the right to change. Some for the best and others for the worst. But everyone has some good in them...even if it's just a tiny little drop of good, it's there. 

I believe in giving second chances. Not because I'm nice, but because it's the right thing to do. If the person screws up that second chance, then that's their loss. You were the bigger person to let them in your life again, but if they take advantage of that and mess that up, then it's their fault and their loss. 

I believe that with every diamond found, there's a heart of gold, waiting to be polished up. It may just be too tarnished to shine and be noticed, but it's there. And they'll thank you for helping them find it again.  
And that's why I believe in diamonds. If everyone believed in diamonds in the rough and took the time to help someone find their's...this world may not be as chaotic as it is today. So take the time and talk to someone even if they act all mean and tough. You never know what kind of difference you are making in their life. 

And that's my 'it speaks to me' post for today. I haven't had a powerful, meaningful post in a while, so here we go. I hope you liked it and it spoke to you~ ^w^


*~Keep your lights shining and listen to your ♥ ~*

♥~KayKay

1 comment:

  1. awhhh nice post...loved it...:) <3

    i am your new follower btw...i hope you follow back:)

    ReplyDelete