Thursday, August 11, 2011

Call Of Duty IS SO Educational.

August 11, 2011

The false statement 'video games are soooo not educational.' is tossed around by many parents and grandparents out there. Well there actually are educational games out there...such as Brain Age and Tetris and Jeopardy. There are even more for younger children that are for the computer. But I'm talking real, fun, action games that are a teenager's dream. Popular games for the Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. Games that parents are all, "I am NOT getting that for her/him. It is much too violent and graphic. It has too much vulgar language. His/Her younger sibling will pick up on the chat! Too inappropriate...how about Reader Rabbit?" 


Now a game that I have a new obsession for is Call of Duty. A typical 'guy's only game' right? WRONG. That's sexist. Girls can kick butt on CoD too, ya know. Take me for example...face shots  rock. I love shooting the enemy in the head and watching his hat fly off. Don't ask it's complicated. xD And I enjoy turning a corner and knifing an enemy in the throat. It sends a rush of adrenaline through you. 


Now this is where most parents that may or may not be reading my blog will quit reading. They are probably thinking, "A sweet innocent 15 year old teenage girl? Enjoying stabbing people in the throat and shooting them in the head on a video game? That's enjoyable? What?" *exits window* 

Parents that may or may not be reading this, yes, in fact, I do enjoy doing that. It's a GRAND stress reliever. No lie. Had a bad day? Turn on COD and kill some enemies. By the end of the level, you're feeling a LOT better. That's what COD is for me. When that whole epidemic with my ex...I turned on COD 4 and actually finished the whole game. Had a blow up with the 'rents? Turn on COD and go at it. That's how I finished COD 3...well most of it xD Sad or upset? COD. It's like Wal-Mart...it's the answer to everything...everything that's emotional. 


But now COD is very educational and let me explain...parents are probably all 'educational my *explicit*' right now. But guys trust me, it's educational. Do you want your son/daughter to do better in History? Okay then read on. Let me enlighten you.

Hands on tank driving and helicopter flying. As well as shooting from plane turrets. 
Call Of Duty is a war game. And each level is in a country and as the game is loading, it shows which country you're in, what date [month, day, year] you're in, and what war you are fighting in. And then you're a soldier dude. In COD 4 Modern Warfare you are Soap and Jackson. I haven't figured out yet if the characters are based on real people...but I believe they are. And there are many people in your troop and they each have names and ranks...so I believe they were people who fought in that particular war. 


In Call of Duty 5: World At War, after you completed a level, it would show a black and white clip from the actual war [you're in World War 2 in this game.] and it pertained to what you just did. If you were fighting in the trenches in that level, your clip would be from actual fighting done in the actual trenches back in 1945. And the clip is a couple minutes long and once you see it it sinks in. I learned about WW1 and WW2 this year and the clips from COD 5 I knew exactly what was going on. Exactly. And I remembered, 'hey! we learned about this last school term!' 


So see? Educational, yes? It shows actual clips from the actual war with actual soldiers. And the levels? Based on the actual events from the actual war with virtual people with actual soldiers from the war names [i think]. And it gives you virtual forms of the actual weapons the soldiers used during that time period. From both sides. The Allies and the enemies [memory fails to let me remember the name for the Germany/Japan/Italy alliance.] x-x


But yeah, am I right? And do you really want to limit your kids' expanding mind and not give them the joy of learning? Don't you want them to expand their mind during the summer or when school isn't in session? Don't you want them to continue to drink in History while expressing themselves? Yeah? So go out and buy your son or daughter or BOTH a Call of Duty game for their Wii/Xbox 360/Nintendo DS/Playstation! They'll love you even more for it and your mind can be at ease because they are learning History. And they are playing a kick-butt game. And learning. They may not see it as that, but they are. Just like that Chef Boyardee meals with hidden veggies. They're there but the kids don't notice it and love it anyway~ :)


I hope I enlightened you guys~ [And kids/teens you are welcome! ;) ]

*~Keep your lights shining bright! 
*~KayKay

PS, visit me on Tumblr ! breathingsaluxury.tumblr.com Follow me, re-blog me, send me a message. :)

PPS, leave me comments~ I love reading them :D 

PPSS, I am so very surprised at how many views I had yesterday! I had 40 ! That's the most I've ever had in a day. No lie. My jaw dropped when I saw that this morning. :) You guys rock my socks! Don't forget that :) Keep viewing and comment if there's something special you want me to blog about~ ^w^  And I noticed I have 15  German viewers that's viewed my blog yesterday and today and that is awesome! I'm part German, ya know :) I'm German, Irish, and American...wheee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment