Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Wanna Be Like An Apple Tree...Ridiculousness.

September 1, 2011

Happy September First, you guys! Wow it's hard to believe that August is over and summer is winding down... Hopefully it'll start getting cooler! That would be a blessing indeed. 

Well, I know what you're thinking...'WTF is wrong with you. Why do you want to be like an apple tree???' Chill out. Not literally. Check this out...
"I am a little apple seed 
Sitting on the ground waiting to be 
An ap---ple tree, an ap---ple tree 
Everyone tells me that I'm oh so small 
And I'm never gonna grow to be big and tall, big and tall but I tell them wait and see . . . 
I'm gonna be like an apple tree 
I'm gonna let all my branches run free I'm gonna reach way up to the sun and 
Open my arms for everyone 
And like an apple is sweet I'm gonna be so sweet 
And like an apple shines in the sun (apple shines in the sun) 
I shine my light on everyone
 'Cause I' m an a-p-p-l-e, apple tree 
an a-p--p-l-e"
[Apple Tree by Justin Roberts]


I was just being lazy, checking my stats, re-blogging Pikachu gifs on Tumblr...and half listening to the TV...and all of a sudden that new McDonald's commercial..well it's not NEW, but it's not that old, maybe a month or two? And it came on and that song is on there and I was all like 'I need to Google these lyrics. I know it's saying something good...I really should've payed attention...' and blahblahblah. But it's true. 


The song basically uses a metaphor of an apple tree to show how the life a child and how others may be bigger, but one day that small child is going to get big and strong too, just like their adult parents, or metaphorically, like the apple tree is big and strong. And that the child wants to be like an apple because apples are sweet and they tend to have a shine on them once the sun beams down on them and he wants to shine too. He wants to someone to be proud of him for something good he did, like the apple. It's all a giant metaphor and you just have to read between the lines...I think I dissected that small piece enough. xD I hope I made it clearer, but to be honest I think it's really cut and dry if you read it over once or twice, you'll see, once you see the commercial, it'll make more sense xD  


So I want to be that apple tree. I want to grow tall and strong. I want to shine in the sun. I want to be bittersweet...but some apples are bitter too...because well you can never be 100% sweet. ;D And I'm getting there and so are you all~ Or maybe some of you are already all grown up and into adulthood~ But for me, I'm getting there. I'll be an 'apple tree' before long. :D  ..it's odd...I don't even like apples x-x 




Now that's enough of that :) Apple trees are over for now~ ^w^


Now on to RIDICULOUSNESS! I totally fricking LOVE this show. It's indeed my favorite show on MTV besides Awkward. No lie. 
And....Rob Dyrdek is amazing. <3 

You like Fantasy Factory? You like Rob and Big? You'll love Ridiculousness. It's a combination of both. Take sports and take hilariousness they have a baby and it's Ridiculousness. xD 

So you have Rob as the host and he's on top of a giant laptop and on that laptop, his buddy will play some of the funniest viral videos of wipeouts. Yesterday's showed Pogo Sick wipeouts, Skateboard wipeouts, and all kinds of misc. wipeouts. They have different categories like Redneck Good Times, Double Whammies, Pogo Stuck, What Happens Next, and many others! They even stop, rewind, slo-mo vids in the most hilarious parts. I swear you cannot go wrong watching this show. 

Sooooo watch it! You will laugh your butt off watching this show. No lie. Enjoy! ^w^




And now I must make like a tree and leave because I have soooo much to do today! I have volleyball practice and then open house at the school and blehhh. So much to do and soooo little time. x-x  {Catch my little lame joke? xD}

Peace! :) 

*~Keep your lights shining bright like a rave~ :)
*~KayKay <3

No comments:

Post a Comment