Friday, September 23, 2011

Xbox Game: $30+ , iTunes Card: $15+ , Memories: Priceless~

September 23, 2011

Wow it's good to be back here after a two week leave of absence due to school shizz >.< Dear lord I had one test Tuesday and FOUR tests yesterday. The test on Tuesday was Geometry and I'm proud to say I made a 109 thanks to my extra credit worksheet I turned in. ^w^ The other four tests...History, Bio 2, English, and Vocabulary...were okay. I was all bent out of shape for nothing. Biology was the main one I was worried about, but once I got my test, I recalled everything that was on it. So that was good. Phew. 

But I'm here to talk about tests and school and crap right now. But that's a basic overview of my week. xD Right now, as the title says, I'm here to talk about money and things that cost it and others that don't. 
There are many people in this world that believe money is everything. They just have to get that brand new Hollister Fall line because their wardrobe is full of outdated, under-used clothing that they just CANNOT be caught dead wearing in a new season especially when a new line JUST came out. I mean I for one do not go out every season and purchase new clothes when I have a perfectly good variety of jackets and hoodies and jeans in my closet that still fit and are still like new. Yes, it's fine to go out and purchase new clothes if you grew out of clothes. Because clothes will shrink, be grown out of, fade, get worn, get holes if worn/washed a lot. But if you are going out to buy a new line of Autumn suited clothes when you have five or six jackets ranging from lightweight to heavy that are still all colorful and still fit and in good shape...that's just wasting money. Money that you may or may not have. Because let's face it...not everyone is rich...especially in this cruddy economy. People may SAY they're rich and come into class with extravagant, new name brand clothing each season...but that doesn't MEAN they ACTUALLY are rich. 

And money isn't everything. There are plenty of things no one would ever trade for any amount of money. These include family heirlooms..{such as a family quilt that everyone in the family from long, long ago sewed a patch to that signifies something...or foreign currency from when your great granddad or granddad brought back from fighting in WW1 or WW2}....and pictures from when you were younger and when your parents were younger and even when your GRANDPARENTS were younger and you hear the stories of the past or look at the pictures of you and remember that day as if it were yesterday. 
Memories. I just love looking at a picture from years ago and remember. Remember exactly what happened that day. Remember the scent in the air. Remember...just everything. Or if I cannot remember that picture, I just ask my mom what happened and then I just might remember again. 

And in the end, when it is all said and done, it won't matter how much money you have. It won't matter how much clothes you have or how much stuff you have or don't have. It won't matter how many friends or dates you've had. It won't matter how many tears you cried or how many smiles you grinned. It won't matter how many times you were heart broken or how many hearts you broke. It won't matter. Because in the end, all you have left are your memories. When it's judgement day, you won't be asked how much money you have. You won't be asked if you had regularly updated your wardrobe with that new brand stuff each and every season. You won't be asked that. You'll be asked how you lived your life. How many people you uplifted. And you'll remember. People and pictures fade, but true friends and memories last a life time and then some. 

And that's what I have to say and I'm sticking to it. It sort of went deeper than I had shot for...but that's cool too xD Hope you enjoy~ :) Next Friday is yet another make up day at school x-x

*~Keep your lights shining and remember some memories~ :)
*~KayKay

No comments:

Post a Comment