Friday, September 7, 2012

Senior Year...'13'ad Start.

September 7, 2012


Senior year began for me on August 20th, a mere three or so weeks ago. When I think of 'senior year' I think of endless fun. I think of awesome privileges. I think of FINALLY getting out of school early. I think of freedom and I think of power. This year has pretty much crushed my expectations of how Senior year should be or would normally be...and like I said, I've only been a Senior for three weeks at my school. 

Allow me to explain...

The first day we get our schedules. A few of my friends get to leave at an hour early every day, I'm thinking SWEET, ME TOO!. Wrong. I have a full load of 7 classes every day. Required Bible, English, Trig, Chemistry, British Literature, Economics, and Computer. Feeling as though I could certainly drop at least 1 maybe 2 of these classes so I could begin volunteering at the local vet clinic daily as I had planned out this past summer, I spoke with my principal all the first week about either switching classes or dropping them completely. Needless to say, I couldn't drop any without it being a study hall...which I don't care for having. But in the end, we get to leave early an hour early on Thursdays without taking Chemistry, fair enough. I'm satisfied with that. :)

That's not all that took place in that week. The above wasn't the most of my ongoing school issues. My school decided to let Juniors and Seniors eat in a designated area away from the cafe because there's not enough room in there for all the kids in grades 7-12, so they separated us. It's nice and all...but when you have other friends in lower grades, you want to be able to see and talk to them sometimes too. I won't get into all of it because it would be like opening a can of worms...but I'll just say that a lot has happened..and these past three weeks at school have been pure hell. Definitely not what I had expected going into my Senior year. :/ 

All I can hope is that this year picks up and becomes fun, because at the moment it's anything but. Hopefully by basketball season things will level out. And hopefully I can end this year without any more trouble. xD 

PS, so the summer challenges didn't go as great as I had figured...>.> A few things I was going to do at the beach such as releasing a message in a bottle were against beach rules and there was a huge fine so I couldn't do it. D:

*~Keep your lights shining...and pray for me? 

*~KayKay


1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! Following now, stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete