Wednesday, August 8, 2012

#31-32 Pan For Gold & Go To The Mountains!

August 8, 2012
#32 Go to the mountains.

Summer Challenge #31 and #32
#31 Panning for gold.





So this past weekend, I went on a family vacation to the mountains instead of the beach. It was a bunch of fun and a great way to get away from the extreme heat. The temperature up there was around 80 degrees and I was loving it! 

We went panning for gold and gems and found a bunch of cool stones. We found some amethyst, clear quartz, crystal, calcite, onyx, and other unidentifiable rocks and ones with names I cannot remember nor pronounce. xD My brother found the coolest of the bunch though in his bag. He found a small amethyst geode rock and it is so pretty! o.o' 




While at the mountains, we went to a place called Santa Land so my brother could ride some rollercoasters and rides. It was awesome walking around and seeing all types of different animals; there were baby bears, porcupines, a type of deer, kangaroos, monkeys, gigantic koi fish, a jungle cat, and a camel and some llamas.  

Mini-golf, gem mining, cool air, chilling with the family....I'll say this was a great and much-needed vacation. :) 

Next week, I'll be hitting the beach so definitely another blog post will be needed once I get back. :D 

~Keep those lights shining bright, even in the darkest of times much like this lantern in a mining cave. ^w^

This picture above is not mine. All the others on this blog post  are my own. :)


*~KayKay

No comments:

Post a Comment